She whispers my name... Only I can hear

Friday, April 21, 2006

For a Special Friend

Words on a page
Your thoughts
Make you real
To me

Some would say: not right…
Some would say: not possible…
Some would say: not real…

I pity those who fall so short
As to rely on the physical
And still do not connect

The physical side has its place
But without the connection
It has no meaning

Words on a page
Your thoughts
Have brought me to tears
Have brought me great joy
Have brought me peace
And given to me more than just a friend
They have given me a connection

Words on a page
Your thoughts
Have given me life
Helped me find myself
Reminded me of who I am, and why
Thank you for that my friend

Thank you For being YOU
Not as defined by your peers
Not as expected by social stereotypes
Yes I am very glad to know you

Thank you
For your courage
Your honesty
Your trust

Words on a page
Your thoughts
Expand my mind
Touch my heart
Make you real
To me

1 comment:

Dani said...

:') all i can do is smile :) it makes me happy to read this- it brings a warmth to my heart.