She whispers my name... Only I can hear

Friday, September 29, 2006

Cast Your Fate

I love the ocean.
There is nothing that compares to the feeling of immensity it gives you when you are near it.

And I grew up near it.

The sound of the surf will never fade from my memory.
Nor will the smell of the air and the feeling of salty spray on my face.

Once when I was young the ocean took me. Caught in a rip tide I was pulled hundreds of yards from shore. A lifeguard had to swim out and bring me in.
I have never forgotten that feeling A force so powerful that you are helpless to resist.
Seldom have I had this feeling since, in any situation

We feel safe in the day-to-day.

Inertia; it gets us through.

Manic Monday, over the hump, thank god it’s Friday…
We ride the cycle without thinking, over and over until something gives.

And so I build my fortress of inertia.
A castle made of sand, where I hide.
Feeling safe within the day to day.
No risks behind walls of sand and seashells
The sound of surf, salt spray on my face comforts me.

But the ocean cannot be denied.

You said two simple words

“I want”

In an instant, my castle is gone
Naked, I am swept away by an overwhelming force, helpless to resist
Nor do I want to, it seems.

No comments: