She whispers my name... Only I can hear

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Do you come from a land down under?

"Our whole passion to be on this planet is to educate people about wildlife, I will die doing that. I have a gift."

Steven Irwin 1998.

And so you have passed. Doing what you loved best.
Beloved amongst Adults and children alike, you gave so much.
Joy, delight, fear, surprise and awe – all rolled into one.
You taught us not to fear the animals – to respect them and to live with them.
That there is only one earth – for all to share – man and beast alike, you helped maintain that connection.
And I thank you for that.

The children will take your passing the hardest.
But here in my heart I understand that with this one loss, we are all diminished.

Crocodile Hunter
Khaki clad, bright blazing smile
Loved by kids everywhere

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That dude is dead.