She whispers my name... Only I can hear

Friday, October 27, 2006

Sleepy, Not Sleeping

Bright blue dome overhead
Uninterrupted by cloudy thoughts
Like a mind that is clear
Thinking of what weather will be
I wish you were here with me.

The river almost flat
But not quite
She is sleepy
But not sleeping.

Shimmering glaze
Reflecting as a dream
Everything above
Filling me with thoughts of you
And dreams of love

Everything I see
Is a portrait
Painted with sky
Earth, air, water
And falling leaves

The bright sun still filtered
Through yellow, green and brown
They cling to summer
But are doomed yet to join
Those scattered on the ground

They are reluctant to accept
The change of seasons
But the river understands
She rests for good reason

Knowing too well
The turmoil of Ice to come
White snows and sunlight so bright
To cut daylight short as with a knife
The long nights not to be outdone
And so the days pass one by one

And so the days pass
Each more beautiful than the last
Every aspect of this beauty I see
Makes me wish that you were here with me

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Mmmmm....she's lucky, Bobb. A poem like that? So much better than diamonds.

Bobbb - Citizen of Earth said...

Awwwwww

Anonymous said...

You have a gift and I am so pleased to be a part of it. I hope and wish you the world for you are a star shining brightly in the sky.