She whispers my name... Only I can hear

Friday, February 27, 2009

Awakening



I went to the river today
She was sleeping
Ice dreams weaving
Blue sky
Limbs swaying
Birds playing
Quietly





I wanted to kiss her
Touch the brooding deep
Beneath the white sheets
While discussing prospects
Of spring, rain, and coffee
Like lovers on a lazy Sunday morning

But I dared not disturb her
Such is her beauty
Even in slumber

I gaze in silence
And watch her
Shifting with the seasons
Slowly awakening
And I am content


6 comments:

human being said...

perchance she has heard your footsteps
and if she wakes up tomorrow,
it will be just for you...

Lydia said...

A loving and sensual ode to your river. Wonderful.

Miladysa said...

"And I am content"

That's a good place to be :D

Honour said...

I am glad to hear you are content -- watching the seasons pass as they should, instead of waiting for what's next ....

warm warm wishes

human being said...

from your beautiful 4-liner on my blog i could discern that SHE is wide awake now... singing songs to you...
could you kiss her this time?
:)

adee said...

http://delhidreams.blogspot.com/2008/06/shaam-dhundhla-gayi-hai-jaise-kisi-ne.html