She whispers my name... Only I can hear

Monday, July 25, 2011

Heat Wave Not Today


Rain
Relentless
At last
My view of blue
Replaced
With blurry gray
Today

Cool
Intense at times
Rain
With purpose
Primes then pleases
All and mine
The heat wave thus
Eases

Rain
Rooftop riddled runs
Asphalt shunned
Until the last hidden places
Be found
Where thirsty ground
And rain are one

Thunder calls
From the somber walls
More rain to come
A darkness falls
More rain to come

Rain
I imagine the darkness
In your eyes
As in the sky
The soothing droplets
On your skin
Taught
Wet
Inviting
Tender
Loving

Rain

3 comments:

Lydia said...

This is my favorite poem about rain everever, and that is really something coming from one who has lived in the Pacific NW for over 30 years! It also is amazing that you are describing the rain we had on Monday morning from about 3:00am-6:00am, complete with big thunder. The difference is that we had rain only three days prior and then days before that, and you have been waiting, waiting. Your waiting is over and you have the refreshment you so very much deserve.

This is just beautiful, Bobbb.

Citizen of Earth said...

Thanks so much!
I am almost moved to the farm but have no Internet there as yet…
So I took the opportunity to check in while in town
Good to hear from you, I hope your summer is shaping up.

SHUBHAJIT said...

beautifully woven. sweet, simple and immensely naturalistic.

I guess most of parts of the world enjoying rain. it is wet everywhere. Though many parts of india rain do not enjoy so much, people lose their homes, and family due to heavy downpour. everything is in balance always looks fine, else it goes astray.